Mailbox surprise!

November 22, 2013

I have been a bit slow on blog posting lately...we are auctioning our investment property tomorrow and with tricky (I am being extremely generous with that adjective) tenants and minor renovations, carpet laying at the eleventh hour...it has zapped much of my kid free time.  But today I am letting you know about a super fun series I have been invited to participate in by two of my very good blogging friends - Marta from Do Guincho and Marte from Compagnie M. You can read the full details of the series here.

The series is called, "Mailbox surprise".  There are 10 guest bloggers from around the world taking part and it basically involves each of us sending a secret package of fabric and notions to our assigned nominee and then after we each receive our secret package, we make a garment of our choosing and share it.  Fun. I loooove getting fabric mail so when Marte and Marta asked me if I was interested, I said yes right away!  We have each been given ideas of what our nominee might like by being given a general likes/dislikes form and links to our nominee's pinterest boards and obviously their blog. Marte and Marta are also playing along by swapping packages with each other and sharing their creations at the beginning of the series.

We are all asked to send off our packages in the first week of December.  We will then be sharing our creations from late January to late March. Here is the fun line up of bloggers...


I am having fun deciding on the package I will put together for my blogger.  I thought I would put together a collage of fabrics I like to give my sender some clues...

All fabric images are from my fabric board on pinterest.

Fun hey? I will be putting my package together next week and will be looking for a few clues to choose the best fit for my nominee. 

And on another note, I will be back in a couple of days to show you two different versions of my next dress/tunic pattern...

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. The first fabric in the second row is exactly the same fabric my mother gave me a few months ago, from an old stash. What a coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! That is amazing as it is vintage!!

      Delete
  2. Indeed (here it is, by the way: http://lielebeesje.blogspot.be/2012/08/schatten-op-zolder-2.html)! Sixties? Seventies? And I live in Belgium, so even back then is was already sold globally.
    Don't really know yet what to do with it though ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely post Suz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Suz for such an incredible introduction to our series!
    I am so happy to have you as a participant!
    Can't wait to see what all of you have came up with!
    Good luck on your investment property!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look forward to seeing your make. And hooray to fabric parcels!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼